Substitute Clerical Personnel
An ESS substitute clerical personnel provides administrative and other support to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the office or department and promotes a safe and orderly environment for students. Substitute clerical personnel are also known as secretaries, clerks, administrative assistants, and receptionists.
- Perform office routines, including answering the phones and intercom system, taking and conveying messages, and distributing mail
- Greet, assist, and direct students and visitors who come into the office
- Assist in planning school events and activities
- Maintain documents, files, and records; ensure absolute confidentiality of information
- Type, prepare, distribute, file, and/or mail various correspondence
For a complete job description of a substitute clerical personnel, click here.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED
- PA Department of Education Form 6004: Arrest/Conviction Report and Certification – Act 24
- PA State Police Criminal History Clearance – Act 34
- Federal Criminal History Clearance – Act 114
- Mandated Child Abuse Reporter Training – Act 126
- Child Abuse Clearance – Act 151
- Sexual Misconduct/Abuse Disclosure Release – Act 168
- Tuberculosis Test/Physical
For frequently asked questions, click here.