An ESS substitute teacher assists with classroom instruction in the absence of a regular teacher. This person follows and teaches lesson plans, aids students in understanding subject matter, and ensures that regular classroom routines are followed.
- Provide meaningful instruction to students in assigned classrooms while regular teacher is absent
- Review and implement regular teacher's routines, procedures, lesson plans, and curriculum objectives
- Establish and maintain a safe and orderly classroom environment
- Report any student injuries, illness, and serious discipline problems to school administration
- Perform other duties as directed by school administration
For a complete job description of a substitute teacher, click here.
- Bachelor's Degree or PA Teacher Certification
- PA Department of Education Form 6004: Arrest/Conviction Report and Certification - Act 24
- PA State Police Criminal History Clearance - Act 34
- Federal Criminal History Clearance - Act 114
- Mandated Child Abuse Reporter Training - Act 126
- Child Abuse Clearance - Act 151
- Sexual Misconduct/Abuse Disclosure Release - Act 168
- Tuberculosis Test/Physical
For frequently asked questions, click here.