Under the direction of a certified classroom teacher and/or school administrator, ESS paraprofessionals supplement student education and assist classroom teachers with instructional, behavior management, and/or administrative duties. They support the physical, behavioral, and academic needs of a specific student or group of students with special needs throughout the school day.
- Provide instructional reinforcement under the direction of the classroom teacher for individual students and/or small groups of students
- Assist classroom teacher with classroom management and general supervision of the class, following teachers' established routines and procedures
- Serve as the chief source of information and help to any substitute teacher assigned, in the absence of the regular teacher
- Support students with special needs by following provisions specified in their IEPs/504 Plans
- Supervise students in the cafeteria, schoolyard, hallways, during specials, on field trips, and/or during before and after school programs as directed
- Observe student behavior and progress, keep notes, and report to classroom teacher and/or other school designee(s)
- Assist with administrative duties as directed such as recording grades, setting up equipment, preparing materials for instruction, etc.
- Attend to students' physical, personal, academic, and emotional needs; help with translation and hygienic needs when necessary
- Promote a safe and orderly classroom environment; take all reasonable precautions to protect students, facilities, and materials
- Assist with bus loading and unloading during arrival and departure of students
- Demonstrate cooperation and flexibility in performing other related duties as assigned by school administration and ESS
- Understand and adhere to all ESS and school district policies and procedure
Why Work for ESS?
ESS was established in 2009 with the vision of helping all students achieve their maximum potential. A leader in the field of educational staffing and management, ESS enhances the quality of student support by providing highly skilled paraprofessional, clerical, and other support personnel to school districts. As a ESS employee, you will enjoy the security of working in a permanent position. We will give you the individualized attention and ongoing support that you need to succeed!
ESS is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.