Permanent Instructional Aide
An ESS permanent instructional aide assists the classroom teacher to provide extra support to students with special needs, promoting maximum academic and personal growth. The aide job responsibilities range from supplementing regular classroom curriculum to helping individual students.
Permanent instructional aides are also known as school aides, teacher assistants, instructional aides, one-to-one aides, and personal care assistants.
- Provide instructional reinforcement for individual students or small groups of students
- Assist teacher with classroom management and general supervision of the class
- Help with administrative duties such as setting up equipment and preparing materials
- Supervise students in the cafeteria, schoolyard, specials, hallways, on field trips, and/or during before and after school programs
- Attend to students' physical, personal, academic, and emotional needs
- Support students with special needs by following provisions specified in their IEPs/504 Plans
- Perform other duties as directed by the classroom teacher and school administration
For a complete job description of a permanent instructional aide, click here.
- High School Diploma or GED
- ABI/FBI Criminal History Clearance
For frequently asked questions, click here.