An ESS substitute teacher assists with classroom instruction in the absence of a regular teacher. This person follows and teaches lesson plans, aids students in understanding subject matter, and ensures that regular classroom routines are followed.
- Provide meaningful instruction to students in assigned classrooms while regular teacher is absent
- Review and implement regular teacher's routines, procedures, lesson plans, and curriculum objectives
- Establish and maintain a safe and orderly classroom environment
- Report any student injuries, illness, and serious discipline problems to school administration
- Perform other duties as directed by school administration
For a complete job description of a substitute teacher, click here.
- Bachelor's Degree or Higher
- CT/FBI Criminal History Clearance
- Department of Children and Families Child Abuse and Neglect Registry Record Clearance
- Education Employment Verification – Act 16-67
For frequently asked questions, click here.