Substitute Day Care Worker
Under supervision, perform a variety of instructional activities; assist in creating, organizing, and directing a child care program and environment favorable to learning and personal growth for students; and to perform other related duties as assigned.
Basic concepts of early childhood education and development; interpersonal and group dynamics; student behavior management strategies and techniques; proper English usage, punctuation, spelling and grammar; basic mathematical concepts; children's games; craft activities; basic library skills; modern office practices, procedures and equipment;record keeping.
Provide for the health, safety, and psychological needs of children; supervise learning activities; guide children's routine activities; establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with staff, students, and parents; maintain a safe and healthy environment; understand and carry out oral and written directions; exercise good judgment in dealing with sensitive interpersonal matters; provide positive customer service.
Essential and Representative Duties - Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Maintain a suitable learning program in accordance with district guidelines.
2. Maintain an appropriate climate that promotes acceptable pupil behavior, attitudes and social skills.
3. Communicate orally and in writing to parents, students and staff.
4. Perform a variety of tasks essential to the operation of the program, including preparation of materials; maintenance of facilities, and clean-up activities.
5. Maintain a safe, clean and healthy learning environment.
6. Assist students with homework and various school activities.
7. Work cooperatively with school site and district staff.
8. Administer first aid/CPR as needed.
9. Utilize positive strategies and progressive techniques in the management of student behavior.
10. Supervise and monitor students both inside and outside of the classroom.
11. Assist in maintaining budget, enrollment and accounting records.
12. Accept and process fees as needed.
First Aid and CPR certified
High School Diploma or equivalent GED
Any combination of experience and/or training related to childcare that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is preferred.