Under the direction of a certified classroom teacher and/or school administrator, ESS paraprofessionals supplement student education and assist classroom teachers with instructional, behavior management, and/or administrative duties. They support the physical, behavioral, and academic needs of a specific student or group of students with special needs throughout the school day.
- Provide instructional reinforcement under the direction of the classroom teacher for individual students and/or small groups of students
- Assist classroom teacher with classroom management and general supervision of the class, following teachers' established routines and procedures
- Serve as the chief source of information and help to any substitute teacher assigned, in the absence of the regular teacher
- Support students with special needs by following provisions specified in their IEPs/504 Plans
- Supervise students in the cafeteria, schoolyard, hallways, during specials, on field trips, and/or during before and after school programs as directed
- Observe student behavior and progress, keep notes, and report to classroom teacher and/or other school designee(s)
- Assist with administrative duties as directed such as recording grades, setting up equipment, preparing materials for instruction, etc.
- Attend to students' physical, personal, academic, and emotional needs; help with translation and hygienic needs when necessary
- Promote a safe and orderly classroom environment; take all reasonable precautions to protect students, facilities, and materials
- Assist with bus loading and unloading during arrival and departure of students
- Demonstrate cooperation and flexibility in performing other related duties as assigned by school administration and ESS
- Understand and adhere to all ESS and school district policies and procedure
- High School Diploma
- Criminal History Clearance
- Tuberculosis Test