Substitute School Nurse
An ESS substitute school nurse (RN/LPN) assists in providing the fullest possible educational opportunity for students by minimizing absence due to illness and creating a climate of health and well-being in the schools.
- Provide critical care services to medically fragile students as assigned
- Administer medications from physicians' orders
- Maintain medication records and reports
- Communicate with medical, nursing, and district personnel
- Manage and provide health room services, including first aid and CPR, according to established procedures
- Provide guidance and counseling in the area of health to students, staff, and parents according to professional standards
For a complete job description of a substitute school nurse, click here.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Nurse Certification, RN or LPN
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification
- PA Department of Education Form 6004: Arrest/Conviction Report and Certification – Act 24
- PA State Police Criminal History Clearance – Act 34
- Federal Criminal History Clearance – Act 114
- Mandated Child Abuse Reporter Training – Act 126
- Child Abuse Clearance – Act 151
- Sexual Misconduct/Abuse Disclosure Release – Act 168
- Tuberculosis Test/Physical
For frequently asked questions, click here.