Substitute School Nurse
An ESS substitute school nurse (RN/LPN) assists in providing the fullest possible educational opportunity for students by minimizing absence due to illness and creating a climate of health and well-being in the schools.
- Provide critical care services to medically fragile students as assigned
- Administer medications from physicians' orders
- Maintain medication records and reports
- Communicate with medical, nursing, and district personnel
- Manage and provide health room services, including first aid and CPR, according to established procedures
- Provide guidance and counseling in the area of health to students, staff, and parents according to professional standards
For a complete job description of a substitute school nurse, click here.
- GA Nurse Certification, RN or LPN
- Drug Screen - Varies by District
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification
- State/FBI Criminal History Clearance
For more information on New Jersey’s requirements and processes, click here.